Traditional Waldorf Doll Kit
This is not a finished doll, but the materials you will need to make your own.
Included in each kit is:
- Wool batting
- Scrap yarn (make sure it is light-colored and will not bleed when it gets wet) You never know the adventures the doll may take
- Tubular gauze
- Tread to tie eye-string
- Cotton 24"x14" for a doll with 11.5"-12" head circumference (without hair)
- Cotton embroidery thread in eye color and lip color
- Mohair yarn to crochet or knit a wig
- A cloth with beeswax to add rosy cheeks
And here is the list of tools you will need that are not included:
- Matching (skin) sewing thread
- Fabric scissors
- Small scissors to cut the thread
- Ballpoint hand sewing needle, usually available in multiple size packages #3-#7, I use the thinnest one
- 7 inches long hand sewing needles for dollmaking
- If you are planning to use a sewing machine, you will also need ballpoint needles for your machine
- Sewing machine walking foot
- Measuring tape
- Crochet hook or knitting needles (for wig)
- A sewing needle that is thick enough to thread the yarn to add hair
- If your hands tire easily you may also want to use a wooden dowel for stuffing, I use my thumb and fingers.
You can use the online doll making course to create your doll, there are no other written instructions in this kit.
Shipping within the US is included. Please contact me if you are located outside the US and would like to know the cost of shipping.
Before I ship your doll kit I will email you about the choices of hair and eye color. There are so many variations that it is impossible to list them all. If you already know the colors you prefer, add them in the comment section when you check out. I want to make sure you get to make the doll you want. Thanks!